Friday, February 27, 2015

Whether A Job Is Considered Good Or Bad Is A Matter Of Opinion

Many people have strong opinions about what jobs or careers are good and what aren't. 


For example, many feel that working as a Certified Nursing Assistant is a terrible job, a job that doesn't pay well and is bottom of the barrel.


However, I believe that to say that a job is good or not is a matter of opinion. 


I'm not talking about the pay of the job.  I'm just talking about the job itself.


For example, I used to work as a doorman/bellman for a hotel.  And while that's generally not considered a good job, most people think it's better than being a custodian.  However, I also used to be a janitor.  And lots of folks are surprised when I tell them that I actually enjoyed being a custodian more than I did being a doorman/bellman.


That's why I feel that to say a job or career is good or not is a matter of opinion.  Everyone is different when it comes to what they like or dislike about a job or career.  Some individuals have jobs with high social stature that they're very unhappy with.  And their are others who enjoy making a living with a job that isn't considered as good by many others.

No comments:

Post a Comment