Friday, April 3, 2015

Why Moving From Rhode Island To Maine As A Kid Wasn't Difficult For Me

When I was growing up, I knew lots of other children who had to move from one town or state to another because their parents decided to move.  And many of these kids had a hard time with adjusting to moving from an area they liked to a new place.


However, when my parents decided to move from Rhode Island, United States to Maine, United States when I was 11 years old, it wasn't hard for me at all.


Why?


Because my parents convinced me that Rhode Island was just about the worst place in the country, and that Maine was the greatest state in America.


And believe me, it worked!  I'm glad my parents did what they did.


So if you have one or more children and you want to move out of town, doing what my parents did with me may very well make the major adjustment of relocating a lot easier on your young ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment