Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Why Have A Fear Of Flying? I Don't!

Some people are frightened to death over just the thought of flying as a passenger in a plane or jet, even though they say that the chances of getting killed or seriously maimed are higher by being a driver or a passenger in a vehicle on the road.


But many others like myself aren't afraid of flying at all.


So how do folks like me stay calm and unafraid while flying in a jet thirty thousand feet or so above ground?


I don't know about other people.  However, I can speak for myself.


I just tell myself that the chances of getting killed or hurt in a plane accident are lower than getting into an accident in a car, truck, or van.  I'm not afraid of driving a vehicle or being a passenger in a vehicle.  So why should I be afraid of flying when it's even safer than being in a moving vehicle on the highway or on side streets?


This kind of thinking works for me.  And if you have a fear of flying, maybe this type of thinking could work for you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment