Sunday, March 22, 2015

Volunteering At A Nursing Home Isn't Depressing

Many people I know believe that spending time by visiting residents as a volunteer at a nursing home is too depressing and too uncomfortable.


I don't blame those who feel this way.


However, I do not feel that nursing homes are sad places to work as a volunteer.


The thing is, you have to view it at as an opportunity to help people.  And their is nothing sad about that.


Working at a nursing home, either as a paid employee or as a volunteer, isn't for everybody.  I understand that.  But if you look at spending time at a nursing home facility as something that's worthwhile, then you'll likely feel good about helping residents at nursing homes.   After all, putting a smile on a resident's face really can make it all worthwhile.


So if you're reluctant about the idea of volunteering at a nursing home, I say give it a shot.  You just might find it to be anything but depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment