Wednesday, March 18, 2015

There's Lots Of People Out There Who Help Others

Years ago, for several months, I volunteered at a soup kitchen as a cook.  I enjoyed cooking there, especially since I had an interest in becoming a chef for a restaurant or hotel someday.


My supervisor, the kitchen manager at the soup kitchen, knew I liked my job there and also knew that I had a desire to become a full-fledged chef one day.


So after volunteering there for a couple of months, she decided to go ahead and write a letter of reference for me for when I were to apply to work as a cook or chef for a restaurant or hotel in the future.  In the letter, she mentioned that although I had a lot to learn about the art of cooking, I worked hard and had a positive attitude.


But as nice as it was for her to write the letter of reference, it was even nicer because I never asked her to write the letter of reference.  Instead, she just went ahead and did it.  That was nice on her part.  And it showed that she really cared about people like myself and enjoyed helping others.


So yes, there are folks out there, like this lady, who really do care.  We should all remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment