Saturday, January 3, 2015

Chasing Tornadoes Isn't For Everyone

Some people are thrill seekers.  It's how they feel so alive emotionally.  It's a big part of what they live for.


As for myself, I've thought about participating in thrill seeking activities, such as skydiving, for example.


However, I've given up on the idea of chasing tornadoes in the areas of the United States which have the highest rates of tornadoes, such as the Mid-West.


For one thing, if I spend good money to travel there, there is no guarantee that I'd experience a tornado or two.


The other thing is seeing neighborhoods and towns being destroyed would be too upsetting for me.  Seeing the pain tornado victims go through, such as losing their homes and even losing loved ones would take away the excitement for me.  It would be traumatic for me as well.


If you want to try to experience tornadoes, don't let me stop you.  But it's not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment