Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Are Volunteers True Heroes?

To me, a hero is someone who risks his or her life to save others.


And that's what volunteer firefighters do.  They have my respect, especially since many firefighters I know say that they don't get much thanks from others in the community.  If firefighters aren't heroes, I don't know who is.


However, are those who volunteer at soup kitchens, nursing homes, and food pantries heroes as well?


Since I think true heroes are those who risk their lives to save others, no, those who volunteer at nursing homes, soup kitchens, and food pantries aren't heroes.


But they still get my respect since they try to contribute to the community and try to help those in the community who really need to be helped by others who volunteer their time and efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment